The Samsung Galaxy S II was launched just a few days ago and the developers have been working on it constantly, with the custom root and Custom ROM for the SGS 2 already done now its time to port something from the Galaxy S II to other devices. The guys at XDA have done it again by porting Touchwiz 4 which is Samsung’s own UI over android (SGS 2 is the first device to ship with it) on to the 7″ Galaxy Tab.
Now the Samsung Galaxy Tab owners can use Touchwiz 4, which looks really good and far better that the earlier versions of Touchwiz. The UI works perfectly, the only problem is that the screen orientation does not work properly, but devs are currently working on it and soon we will be seeing a fully functional Touchwiz UI on the Galaxy Tab. Well if you own the Galaxy Tab and would like to see Touchwiz 4 running on it then you can follow the procedure below:
- The device should be rooted
- The device should have custom recovery
- Backup your data through nandroid backup before flashing touchwiz 4
Download Touchwiz 4 from here
- Place the touchwiz 4 .zip which you downloaded from above in the SDcard or the external memory of the device
- Boot into recovery
- Select the “Choose zip from SD card” option
- Select the .zip which you just downloaded
- Flash it
- Clear dalvik cache
- Reboot device
Your done, you will boot into Touchwiz 4 in no time.